SUCCESSION PLANNING, MENTORING, AND COACHING PROGRAMME
Live-Online Training: N 175,000
Classroom Training: N 215,000
3 - 4 participants: 5% discount
5 or more participants: 10% discount
(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
This training guides managers through how to identify people who can take over key positions when those positions become vacant.
The process to go through is to specify critical Line and Staff functions within the organization, then identify, develop and retain high potential employees to fill critical positions in the future. Our step-by-step approach includes:
- Clarifying and understanding the organization's Focus Objectives and Business Strategy.
- Professional and Leadership Development Plans.
- Career Path and Training Development.
- Structuring Guided Experience and Growth.
- Coaching and Mentoring.
Our training Time Table will describe how the person currently holding the position or, alternatively, other experienced person acts as a mentor and also transfers his or her knowledge to a trainee for the purposes of succession.
The course will map out the consequences of business strategy on human resources.
The organization will plan for the right numbers of people, and achieve the right kind of people, at the right places, at the right time.
General Overview of Succession Planning
- Clarifying and Understanding the organization's Focus Objectives and Business Strategy.
- Professional and Leadership Development Plans
- Career Path and Training Development
- Managing Experience and Growth
- Coaching and Mentoring.
Anticipate Talent Needs
- Conducting ongoing, proactive analysis of future needs
- Continually evaluating the pool of potential talent
- Developing rigorous periodic forecasts of the company’s talent needs
- Organization Structure and Assessment of Key Positions.
Specify the Job
- Defining the specific demands of the job
- Specifying which skills and experience are relevant
- Identifying the team the candidate will need to work with or recruit
- Considering how company culture and context affect the role
- Identification of Key Talents
- Key strengths
- Development needs
- Career Plans and Competency Mapping
- Potentials for promotion
- Training and Development Actions
- Development Toolbox
- On-the-job Experience Progression
- Special assignments.
Develop the Talent Pool
- Developing a large pool
- Including insiders, outsiders, inside-outsiders, and outside-insiders
- Considering people on the periphery of the organization (employees in remote offices, consultants, suppliers, customers)
- Tapping your networks and involving the right external partners
- Asking candidates’ peers for nominations
Assess the Candidates
- Using a small number of high-caliber, well-trained, properly motivated interviewers
- Employing rigorous behavioral event interviews
- Conducting detailed reference checks
- Including top stakeholders in candidate assessment.
- Review of succession candidates
- Development progress Reports
- Necessary adjustments.
- Ideas for Role Improvement
- Role development
- acting appointments.
- The use of 360 degree feedback
- A framework of career opportunities
- Assessment of potentials
- Employee value alignment.
- The Four Types of Mentoring
- Development mentoring
- Sponsorship mentoring
- Executive mentoring
- Reverse mentoring
- Uses of Mentoring
- Career development
- Dealing with change
- Establishing values
- Benefits of Mentoring
- For the Mentee
- For the Mentor
- For the organization.
Skills for Mentoring
- Finding a Mentee
- Identify mentoring opportunities.
The Mentoring Process
- Electing to be a Mentor
- Personal qualities
- Mentees Expectations
- The challenge
- The responsibility
- The confidence
- Identifying Areas for Development
- Critical Success Factors
- Establishment of corporate purpose
- Designing the scheme
Working Together for Success
- Meetings Between Mentor and Mentee
- Maintaining the Relationship
- Mentor’s role
- Mentee’s role
- Removing Barriers to Performance
- Warning signals
- Steps to address performance problems
- Mentoring supervision and support.
- Developmental Feedback
- Evaluating the Results in the Organisation
- Things that can be counted
- Things that cannot be counted.