STORES KEEPING AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
Live-Online Training: N 135,000
Classroom Training: N 165,000
3 - 4 participants: 5% discount
5 or more participants: 10% discount
(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
Efficient warehouse operations do the following:
- Understand the strategic importance of stores keeping and inventory management for company profitability.
- Provide timely customer service to production and distribution
- Keep track of items so that they can be found easily and correctly.
- Implement good housekeeping practices.
The General Guidelines
- Stock Identification and Recording Procedures
- Flow of Materials:
- Purchased materials
- Work In Progress (WIP)
- Numbering and classification systems for different stores items
- Combination of numeric and alphabet.
- Stock Control
- Stock Classification
- Stock Counts
- Stock Accuracy
- Stock Valuation
- Safety Stock
- Stock Keeping
- Reporting Processes for Stock
- Processing of Stock-Essence of Timing.
- Issuance of materials, FIFO, LIFO, etc.
- Finished Goods:
- Distribution Planning
- Distribution Control
- Stores and related documentation
- Inventory management
- Replenishment Policies and Inventory Planning
- Efficient Warehousing
- Handling of Returned Goods/Objections.
- Treatment of discrepancies
- How to be in control of Inventory Turnover
- What is moving, what is not
- What is to be ordered, marked down, replaced
- Stores Stock-taking.
- Stores Personnel:
- Numeric competence
- Hard working
- Good public relations
- Health, Safety & Environment (HSE)
- Identification and assessment of inventory risks.