MASTERING TAX ADMINISTRATION AND THE WORKINGS OF TAX AUTHORITIES
Live-Online Training: N175,000
Classroom Training: N 215,000
3 - 4 participants: 5% discount
5 or more participants: 10% discount
(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
In recognition of the difficulty accounting officers often encounter when dealing with and preparing tax computations and returns, this course has been specially designed to assist candidates to overcome obstacles as well as bridge the gap in their knowledge of up-to-date tax management methods. The course will also promote understanding of the tax authorities, their powers and operations. The topics and their treatment will equally be a valuable refresher for officers who are more experienced in these issues. In handling the subject matters, emphasis is all on applications and procedures.
Tax Laws and Regulations
Classification of Taxes
Registration for Tax Payments
Types of Assessment
- Self-Assessment Scheme
- Provisional Assessment
- Best of Judgment Assessment
Obligatory Returns and their Filing
- Exemptions and Reliefs
- Multiple (Vexatious) Taxes
Tax Avoidance and Tax Evasion.
Corporate Tax Issues and Computations
- Company Income Tax
- Limited liability business
- Business name
- Accounting for Value Added Tax
- Inward and outward accounting
- Queries and complaints
- Withholding Tax Treatments
- Compilation of both inward and outward ends
- Application of the net with-holding tax
- Education Tax
- Stamp Duties
- Relevant Documents and Documentation Procedures
- Filing of Returns and the Timing
- Conditions for Tax Deferment
Tax Clearance Certificates and their Administration.
Tax Issues Concerning Individuals
Personal Income Tax
- Pay As You Earn (PAYE) tax computations
- Direct assessment on individuals
- Capital Gain Tax
- Property and investment income tax.
A Compendium of Penalties for tax infringements
Expatriates Tax Provisions
- Expatriates personal income tax
- Treatment for Naira component
- Treatment for FX component
- Expatriates home remittances
- Relevant documents and documentation procedures
- Exemptions and reliefs
- Penalties for infringements.
Relationship Management Knowledge and Skills
- State Board of Internal Revenue Service
- Federal Inland Revenue Service
- Other local tax authorities
- Joint Tax Board
- Technical Committees of the Boards
- Tax Appeal Tribunal.
Tax Auditors and Consultants.