LAWS RELATING TO EMPLOYMENTAND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
Live-Online Training: N 135,000
Classroom Training: N 165,000
3 - 4 participants: 5% discount
5 or more participants: 10% discount
(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
Overview of Nigerian Labour Laws
- Common law (contract of employment)
- Conventions & recommendations of ILO
- Statutes, legislations & enactments
- Customs and practice.
ILO Conventions & Recommendations
- Ratification Issues
- Core Conventions
Statutes & Legislations
- Labour Act - Cap 198
- Trade Union Act - Cap 437
- Trade Disputes Act - Cap 432
- Workmen’s Compensation Act - Cap 470
- Factories Act - Cap 126
- ITF Act
- NSITF Act
- Education Tax Act
- National Housing Fund Act.
Workmen’s Compensation Act
- “Arising out of and in the course of Employment”.
Trade Unions Act
- Formation, Registration and Organisation
- Immunity and Privileges.
Trade Unions Act (1990) (Key Issues)
- Definition of Union
- Convention 87
- Two rival Unions
- Article 2 of Convention 87
- Authority to revoke TU Certificate
- Overriding Public interest
- Check-Off V.. No Strike Clause
- NLC as a central body
- Convention 87 of ILO.
Rights & Duties of Parties In Industrial Relations
- Basis of Rights and Obligations
- Employee Rights
- Employee Duties
- Controversial Areas (Unsettled Law)
- Emerging Rights
- New Laws Under Government Consideration.
- Procedural agreement
- Substantive Agreement