GOVERNMENT RELATIONS STRATEGY – LOBBYING, ETHICS & INFLUENCE MANAGEMENT
Live-Online Training: N135,000
Classroom Training: N 165,000
3 - 4 participants: 5% discount
5 or more participants: 10% discount
(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
Government relations managers promote efforts that are beneficial to their organization and work to earn the backing of government officials and the public.
You must stay current on existing and proposed legislation, meet with local, state, and federal government officials and lobbyists, and update management on relevant laws and regulations.
You will plan for and implement government relations activities.
You will learn to budget for the activities within the Company’s corporate budget.
Building & Maintaining a Good Government Relationship
• Networking and constructive relationships with officials of MDAs
• Representing company interests at government offices
• Aware of all calls for proposals
• Enlightening government officials about the company’s business value
• Marketing company capabilities to government agencies
• Analyzing and interpreting policy documents
• Monitoring and analyzing pending legislation and regulations
• Getting early warnings of government risks
• Ensuring company complies with specific government regulations
• Monitoring the regulatory and political landscape for threats and opportunities.
Company Affairs & Projects
• Developing/implementing strategies to secure government support for company’s projects
• Timely interventions to protect organization’s commercial interests
• Getting company affairs handled expediently
• Keeping company management abreast of the laws and changes coming up
• Assessing policy risks
• Assessing macroeconomic trends
• Company’s Government Relations Events - news conferences, visits
• Recommending changes required for excellent company/government relationship
• Transactions relating to visas, permits, licenses, registration
• Improving the company's overall reputation
• Ensuring company compliance with all specific government regulations.
• Gaining access to legislation-driven opportunities and threats for company’s benefits
• Obtaining fair and favourable treatments from government entities
• Expanding government’s use of the company’s products and services
• Arranging of official meetings and facility visits
• Working with Lobby consultants
• Relationship with industry committees leadership role levels
• Engaging and working with trade associations
• Personal Effectiveness Skills
- Negotiation and persuasive skills
- Presentation skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Interpersonal skills
• Promoting legislative efforts that are beneficial to the company
• Advocacy and lobby for priorities with local, state and federal government