COACHING AND MENTORING SKILLS TRAINING
Live-Online Training: N 135,000
Classroom Training: N 165,000
3 - 4 participants: 5% discount
5 or more participants: 10% discount
(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
Coaching can be a game changer for employee retention, productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness, as well as for preparing mid-level managers for top leadership positions.
As pressure on today’s managers continues to grow, getting the very best out of people becomes even more critical. Coaching is a cost-effective form of employee development.
But what is observed in many situations is unstructured coaching arising from a poor understanding of or skills in the coaching process.
By the end of this training, participants will:
- Be able to identify strengths and weaknesses in specific coaching styles
- Be able to influence employee job performance using the model for effective coaching meetings
- Measure progress by comparing skills after training to those before taking an assessment
- Be able to describe the attitudes and skills which underpin good coaching and be able to apply them
- Be able to confidently adopt a more effective style of management
- Be able to develop motivated teams which take more responsibility for and relish involvement in team objectives.
- What is Coaching?
- Definition of Coaching
- Success factors in coaching
- Benefits of Coaching
- Competencies of an effective coach.
- The different coaching models
- What is Mentoring?
- Mentoring and Coaching – the Differences
- The Four Types of Mentoring
- Development mentoring
- Sponsorship mentoring
- Executive mentoring
- Reverse mentoring
- Why Mentoring and Why Now?
- Uses of Mentoring
- Career development
- Dealing with change
- Establishing values
- Benefits of Mentoring
- For the Mentee
- For the Mentor
- For the Organisation
- Mentoring and Counseling.
The Coaching Process
- Coaching through Improved Communication and Participation
· Coaching by Providing Clear Direction
- On-the-job Coaching
- Building the employee’s self-esteem
- Steps to coaching on the job
- Removing barriers to performance
- Warning signals
- Steps to address performance problems.
- Developmental Feedback
The Mentoring Process
- Electing to be a Mentor
- Personal qualities
- Finding a Mentee
- Mentees Expectations
- The challenge
- The responsibility
- The confidence
- Identifying Areas for Development
- The 3-Stage Model
- New understanding
- Action planning
- Facilitating Learning
- The Learning Cycle.
Working Together for Success
- Relationship Dimensions
- Maintaining the Relationship
- Mentor’s role
- Mentee’s role
- Critical Success Factors
- Establishment of corporate purpose
- Designing the scheme
- Evaluating the Results in the Organisation
- Mentoring supervision and support
- Things that can be counted
- Things that cannot be counted.