(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
How palatable does the phrase “office politics” sound in the ears when openly canvassed? How many executives own up to partaking in it?
Many managers and employees react to it as carrying with it a dirty connotation. But willy-nilly, it catches up with executives and employees. The point is, in most work environments expect to deal with authentic persons and expect to deal also with people who just are schemers.
Advisable not to take it for granted, because this course is designed to promote your self-mastery and personal development at work.
Definitions and Dimensions of Politics in Organizations
- The secretive nature of office politics
- Formal and informal reporting lines at work
- Relevance of power and authority in the office environment
- Big organization, big politics
- Small organization, small politics
- Positive office politics for the overall progress
- Self-serving workplace behaviours and the viciousness.
Identifying Workplace Power Centres
- Locating status and influence
- Power centres for desired change
- Access to tangible benefits
- Access to intangible benefits.
Decoding Informal Networks in the Office Environment
- Social cliques and information sharing
- How quality of leadership defines office power structure
- Decoding the agenda and manipulations for special advantage.
Building Your Own Social Networks
- Tribe, gender, school emblem, religion, confraternity
- Competitive vs cooperative relationships
- Managing the boss
- How to shift power-play alliances.
Relevance of Own Effective Interpersonal Skills
- Personal cooperation behavior and conflict behaviour
- Resourcefulness with communications
- Neutralizing Negative Power Plays
- Gender challenge - breaking the glass ceiling.