(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
To excel as a Senior Office Manager, Administrator or Secretary you need to perfect your interpersonal and behavioural skills, to ensure you stay in control and on top of every one of your responsibilities.
Broad Competencies Addressed:
• Ability to prioritise and cope with multiple tasks
• Ability to think as a manager – planning, making decisions and solving problems
• Ability to improve communication skills to enhance relationships
• Ability to manage your thoughts and feelings and improve self-confidence
• Ability to be assertive and therefore more effective in the workplace
• Ability to understand and develop interpersonal skills.
Taking Control of Your Work Life
• Understand and clarify your purpose and vision
• External and internal customer service knowledge and skills
• Control, prioritise and organise your work
• Get your paperwork under control
• Streamline your office systems
• Make your office user friendly and efficient
• Make a long term plan to create the best office in the organization.
Essential Administrative Skills
• Harness the power of the mind – through Mind Mapping Techniques
• Problem solving techniques
• Manage meetings effectively
• Work successfully with more than one managers
• Manage larger projects to meet deadlines.
Vital Communication Skills
• Different styles of communication
• Learn to be more assertive
• Win-win conflict resolution
• Understand and using body language
• Overcome biases and discomfort associated with exercising power
• Understand different personality types and how to deal with them
• Create an effective working relationship with any kind of boss.
Developing as a professional
• Listening skills – seek to understand before being understood
• Management skills vs. Leadership skills
• Painless methods for giving corrective Feedback
• Best practices for delivering positive Feedback.
Self-Empowerment and Self-Management
• Understand the main causes of stress
• The signs, symptoms, causes and triggers to stress
• The essential skills of emotional intelligence
• Become a more proactive, responsible and self-aware person
• Continuing Professional Development - where to go from here.
Managing the Organization’s Assets
• The float or imprest
• Track small cash expenses
• Manage stores items
• Control of costs
• Repairs and maintenance
• Health and Safety
• Security policy and management