(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
This is a Leadership Development programme for the more senior employees. It is proposed as a support foundation for developing and sustaining positive change which the entire workforce will be happy to embrace.
It exposes three levels of insight for leading successful change:
1. Helps the managers to develop the Insight into new Big Goals that will define their leadership success.
2. Gives them the Insight into corporate and personal resources that will influence the achievement of the Big Goals for the business.
3. Deliver to managers Insight into leadership styles that will stimulate the entire workforce as well as the environment of their work so as to make Change enduring.
• Agreeing activities to change.
• Agreeing behaviours to change.
• Leadership influence on the staff to achieve and sustain the change.
• Staying on top of the effects emanating from the change initiative.
• Communications at all levels to attain buy-in of employees.
• Continuous assessments of the change initiative:
- What to expect of “A” Grade employees
- Signs “B” Grade employees may show
- Signs “C” Grade employees may show.
What Has Changed and What Is New in the Business
• Understanding the changes happening to the Nigerian economy
• Understanding the changes happening to business
• Strong knowledge of the industry
• The struggle for business survival.
Senior Management Mindset for Big Goals
• Defining and Developing the Big Goals that the business may require now:
- Big Goals that touch the business
- Big Goals by which the business will touch everybody
- The target for the business' Big Goals
- The "People Map" for Change
- Powerful vs Limiting mindsets.
• Assessment of Current Positions.
• Entrepreneurship Thinking and Actions.
Developing the Change Plan and Alignment
• Personal vision at work
• Personal drive
• Leadership acumen
• Self confidence
• Self discipline
• Perception of Engagement.
Effectiveness and Efficiency
• Why are some businesses consistently outperforming their rivals?
- Operational excellence
- Improved work efficiency through measures of performance:
o Lead time
o Value-added ratio
o Setup time
o Number of production line stops
o Number of products scrapped
o Deviations from scheduled production
o Number of failed inspections
- Reduced cost of operation.
• Putting Processes and Discipline Around What Matters Most:
- Every detail matters
- Focus on operational excellence
- Share knowledge.
• Team Leadership and Teamwork Skills.
- Customer reality
- Team reality
- Competitive reality (where relevant)
- Financial reality
- "Know-how's" required.
• The Place of Discipline.
• Process management and Kaizen
• Process improvement tools and techniques
• Waste minimization
• Where can you generate improvements?
Execution and Follow Through
• Employees Engagement Plans:
- "This Company Loves Me" programmes
- Permanent Staff Communications plans
- Temporary Staff Communications plans
• Culture - Winning Together
- Atmosphere being created
- Values projected - memorable moments
• Change Management Mistakes to Avoid.
• Focus on Winning, not Losing:
- Be flexible
- Be firm
- Attain speed.
• Celebrating Success & Improving Continuously