(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
This is a Leadership Development programme for the more senior employees. It is proposed as a support foundation for developing and sustaining positive change which the entire workforce will be happy to embrace.
It exposes three levels of insight for leading successful change:
- Helps the managers to develop the Insight into new Big Goals that will define their leadership success.
- Gives them the Insight into corporate and personal resources that will influence the achievement of the Big Goals for the business.
- Deliver to managers Insight into leadership styles that will stimulate the entire workforce as well as the environment of their work so as to make Change enduring.
- Agreeing activities to change.
- Agreeing behaviours to change.
- Leadership influence on the staff to achieve and sustain the change.
- Staying on top of the effects emanating from the change initiative.
- Communications at all levels to attain buy-in of employees.
- Continuous assessments of the change initiative:
- What to expect of “A” Grade employees
- Signs “B” Grade employees may show
- Signs “C” Grade employees may show.
What Has Changed and What Is New in the Business
- Understanding the changes happening to the Nigerian economy
- Understanding the changes happening to business
- Strong knowledge of the industry
- The struggle for business survival.
Senior Management Mindset for Big Goals
- Defining and Developing the Big Goals that the business may require now:
- Big Goals that touch the business
- Big Goals by which the business will touch everybody
- The target for the business’ Big Goals
- The “People Map” for Change
- Powerful vs Limiting mindsets.
- Assessment of Current Positions.
- Entrepreneurship Thinking and Actions.
Developing the Change Plan and Alignment
- Personal vision at work
- Personal drive
- Leadership acumen
- Self confidence
- Self discipline
- Perception of Engagement.
Effectiveness and Efficiency
- Why are some businesses consistently outperforming their rivals?
- Improved work efficiency through measures of performance:
- Lead time
- Value-added ratio
- Setup time
- Number of production line stops
- Number of products scrapped
- Deviations from scheduled production
- Number of failed inspections
- Reduced cost of operation.
- Putting Processes and Discipline Around What Matters Most:
- Every detail matters
- Focus on operational excellence
- Share knowledge.
- Team Leadership and Teamwork Skills.
- Customer reality
- Team reality
- Competitive reality (where relevant)
- Financial reality
- “Know-how’s” required.
- The Place of Discipline.
- Process management and Kaizen
- Process improvement tools and techniques
- Waste minimization
- Where can you generate improvements?
Execution and Follow Through
- Employees Engagement Plans:
- “This Company Loves Me” programmes
- Permanent Staff Communications plans
- Temporary Staff Communications plans
- Culture: Winning Together
- Atmosphere being created
- Values projected – memorable moments
- Change Management Mistakes to Avoid.
- Focus on Winning, not Losing:
- Be flexible
- Be firm
- Attain speed.
- Celebrating Success & Improving Continuously.