(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
Interpersonal challenges at work often has its roots in mutual mistrust. The route to Trust can be shared goals, dialogue, and development of shared norms. Employees have to demonstrate consistent respect and fairness among themselves.
This training will smoothen out frictions among the different people, temperaments, attitudes and on the functioning of a workplace.
It will focus on building skills and experience in the use of practical tools to resolve unpleasant interpersonal and communication issues.
It will present a model and framework for understanding and solving differences.
People will master business enablers that increase work performance and support delivery of business goals always.
Post-Course What to Observe include:
1. Working well in harmony with others
2. Accepting responsibilities
3. Dealing positively with interpersonal conflicts
4. Understanding and shaping their colleagues’ decisions and common interest
5. Giving information
6. Receiving information
7. Effective listening skills.
Business Case for Interpersonal Understanding
• Analysis of Interpersonal Integration Level Among the Employees
- Degree of tolerance
- A sense of community
- Successful task integration
- Feeling of job security
- Supervisory leadership.
Common Causes of Conflicts at Work
• Signs of conflicts.
• Common conflict triggers.
• Different forms of conflict:
- Perception conflict
- Personality conflict.
• Paradigm shifts.
• Reflexive loop.
• Difference issues.
• Beliefs and attitudes.
• Interrelationship of assertive and cooperative behaviours.
• How do you compete or cooperate:
Common Peculiarities Among Nigerian Workers
• Strong shows of emotion.
• People less sensitive to invasion of personal space.
• Relative lower sensitivity to timeliness.
• Religious sensitivity.
• Age and professional seniority highly revered.
• Tolerance of tardiness on the job.
• Diversions and small talks can be a practice at meetings.
Development of Guiding Standards
- Engaging in continuous open-minded learning
- Identifying personal assumptions, beliefs and resulting behaviours
- Dealing with biases and stereotyping.
- Exposure to multicultural communication styles
- Handling language barriers
- Listening for understanding
- Forming productive work relationships
- Forming inclusive social relationships
- Building inclusive groups and teams.
• Younger Bosses Managing Older Workers.
• Benefits of Generation Gaps.
• Breaking Down the Stereotypes.
• Treating Each Other as a Peer.
• How to Learn From Each Other.
Resolution of Conflicts
• What Compromise is.
• What Collaboration is.
The Seven Key Collaboration Lessons
1. Avoid unreasonable or arbitrary positions.
2. Avoid letting prejudices show through.
3. Avoid bargaining by demands and ultimatums.
4. Explain positions logically and frankly.
5. Present reasons calmly, without personalizing.
6. Recognise legitimate concerns and needs of other side.
7. Take the lead over different parties involved that need to be aligned for the things at hand.