(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
Operational Excellence (or Lean business-thinking) as a business practice will help to eliminate waste and create, retain and sustain wealth for the business.
Benefits of Operational Excellence Practices
This Operational Excellence training delivers:
1. Enduring Work Culture. It will unleash on the participants a sustainable way of working (WoW!) that will breed individuals and teams with enormous energy, team spirit, commitment, determination and readiness to contribute effectively to the overall growth of every unit of the business. The employees would become involved, aligned and empowered.
2. Improved Work Efficiency. Every employee will begin to see his/her role as a launching pad required to achieve other teams’ goals; and thereby the overall business goals. The workforce would now work with a sense of urgency, process ownership and customer-service orientation, to the delight of both internal and external customers.
3. Reduced Cost of Operation. Having been exposed to the types of waste and the techniques for abating same, work processes and deliverables will be realised at a lower cost, time, finance, energy, stress, etc. All sources of wasteful practices will be identified, isolated and flushed out.
Key Learning Points
• “Lean Thinking”
• Identification of wastes
• Knowledge-based Process Management
• Continuous Improvement principles
• Simple Statistical Process Control (SPC)
• Effective Workplace Organisation.
• Introduction to Operational Excellence
• Lean-thinking: principles and application
• Current (business) State Analysis
• Change Management Principles
• Process Management and Kaizen
• Key Principles of Effective Performance.
• Types of WASTES and WASTE minimization techniques
• Quality Management and Control of Variations (6 Sigma)
• Basic Statistical Process Control
• Decision Making Process
• Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
• Problem Solving (Process Improvement) Tools & Techniques
• General class discussion on Harmonious Industrial Relations and Workplace safety and Productivity
• Lean Benefits Capture
• Just Do It (JDI) Projects
• Wrap Up and Closing