(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
The programme presents the basic principles that are the foundation of all the leadership activities and central to senior level effectiveness:
• Building and maintaining a positive, results-oriented work climate
• Staying balanced in all approach to people and problems
• Removing interpersonal barriers to understanding and cooperation
• Keeping things moving towards better performance
• Leading by providing positive examples.
• The Manager/The Leader – Knowing the Difference
• Role of frontline leader
• Basic leadership styles
• Influencing skills
• An understanding of Leadership Powers
• Leadership Behavioural Guidelines.
• Coaching/guiding/developing staff
- Learn how to coach for performance
- Review different coaching models
- Learn how to handle negative responses
- Learn basics on developing employees
• Effective Delegation
- Parity between Authority and Responsibility
- Work within the Organisational Structure
- Adequate support
- Accountability on results
- Delegation consistency
- Avoiding reverse delegation
- Clarifying rewards
• Effective Communication
• Developing Subordinates through Feedback
• Team building/team leader skills.
• Motivating others
- Understanding motivation
- How can a leader motivate others?
- Ways employees react to frustration
- Improving meeting outcomes
• Effective use of time
• Coping with pressures
• Thinking commercially.