(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
Efficient warehouse operations do the following:
- Understand the strategic importance of stores keeping and inventory management for company profitability.
- Provide timely customer service to production and distribution
- Keep track of items so that they can be found easily and correctly.
- Implement good housekeeping practices.
The General Guidelines
• Flow of Materials:
o Purchased materials
o Work In Progress (WIP)
• Numbering and classification systems for different stores items
o Combination of numeric and alphabet.
• Stock Control
o Stock Classification
o Stock Counts
o Stock Accuracy
o Stock Valuation
o Safety Stock
o Stock Keeping
o Reporting Processes for Stock
o Processing of Stock-Essence of Timing.
• Issuance of materials, FIFO, LIFO, etc.
• Finished Goods:
o Distribution Planning
o Distribution Control
• Stores and related documentation
• Inventory management
• Handling of Returned Goods/Objections.
• Treatment of discrepancies
• How to be in control of Inventory Turnover
o What is moving, what is not
o What is to be ordered, marked down, replaced
• Stores Stock-taking.
• Stores Personnel:
o Numeric competence
o Hard working
o Good public relations
• Health, Safety & Environment (HSE)
o Identification & Assessment of Inventory Risks