(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
Efficient warehouse operations do the following:
- Understand the strategic importance of stores keeping and inventory management for company profitability.
- Provide timely customer service to production and distribution
- Keep track of items so that they can be found easily and correctly.
- Implement good housekeeping practices.
The General Guidelines
• Flow of Materials:
- Purchased materials
- Work In Progress (WIP)
• Numbering and classification systems for different stores items
- Combination of numeric and alphabet.
• Stock Control
- Stock Classification
- Stock Counts
- Stock Accuracy
- Stock Valuation
- Safety Stock
- Stock Keeping
- Reporting Processes for Stock
- Processing of Stock-Essence of Timing.
• Issuance of materials, FIFO, LIFO, etc.
• Finished Goods:
- Distribution Planning
- Distribution Control
• Stores and related documentation
• Inventory management
• Handling of Returned Goods/Objections.
• Treatment of discrepancies
• How to be in control of Inventory Turnover
- What is moving, what is not
- What is to be ordered, marked down, replaced
• Stores Stock-taking.
• Stores Personnel:
- Numeric competence
- Hard working
- Good public relations
• Health, Safety & Environment (HSE)
- Identification & Assessment of Inventory Risks.