Ilorin Venue: 37 OFFA ROAD, ALONG WAY TO FLOWER GARDEN. G.R.A., ILORIN
(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
This is a programme on how all employees sure to approach retirement shortly or in a few years time must plan how they will confront real economic issues after their employment in the organisation. The course shows that retiring from corporate employment needs not become a calamity.
It also introduces participants to post-retirement Entrepreneurship and they are taken through an orientation of “entrepreneurial personality” which, rather than be characterised by a propensity for risk taking, will, among other things, focus success on one thing – “opportunity focused.” They will learn a number of entrepreneurial logics and make them to dig deep into ideas underlying a product or service they may think of producing, prepare the ideas, get started, and keep it going with commitment.
The training will also give the participants the ways to:
1. identify their talents and personal capabilities they can utilise elsewhere
2. restructure their lives
3. implement a new financial life plan
4. if desired, start and run own businesses and become successful entrepreneurs
5. invest wisely
6. where needed, get new satisfying employment.
General Work-exit Orientation
• Dimensions of Change & New beginnings - Exploring attitudes, hopes & fears
- Exploring psychological aspects to exit
- Preparedness for life after current work
- Exploring your talents and passions
• State of the economy and prospects faced post-employment
• Defining Yourself – your retirement party
• Coping with severance from corporate employment
• How long-term employees are like Migrant Birds
• Family issues – harmony or tension
• Community involvement
• Health matters – death of body organs by installments
• Political shocks and wars
Financial Net Worth To-date
o Liquid assets
o Investment assets
o Personal “assets”
o Short-term liabilities
o Long-term liabilities.
• Choice of what to do next.
• Types of investments currently available in Nigeria
• Guidelines and advice on selecting investment types
o Pension management - Worth by Pensions
o Worth by Life Insurance
o Savings and Fixed Deposits
o Company shares build-up
o Real estates.
How You Can Run Your Own Business
• The Retiree’s Job Description as a Business Owner
• Planning a new business
• Business development process.
• How to Choose an Entrepreneurial Endeavour to Pursue
• The courage to take the leap
• A random walk through simple businesses suitable for retirees
• The disciplines for business success
• Preparation of a business plan
• Legal requirements for business.
Nurturing a Business for Profitability
• Systems and structure for a retiree’s business
• Marketing knowledge and selling skills to propagate the business
• Attention to the financial health of the business – capital and cash flow.
• A sample Business Cash Flow Projection
• A sample Profit & Loss Account.
Health and Leisure
• Ageing gracefully
• Balancing work and health
• Making alternative arrangements for Health cover
• Health guideposts
- Post-retirement stress syndromes – physiological and emotional
- Common symptoms and signs
- Medical check-ups and treatments.
- Your feeding pattern
- Nutrients the body needs
- What constitutes balanced diet in old age.
- Age-sensitive exercises
- Regularity of exercises.
- Socializing in retirement
- Significance of the family
- Community activities
- Spiritual engagements.
• Personal Habits
- Sleep pattern
- Personal hygiene.
• Managing Time in Retirement.
Assuring Family Peace
• Understanding how Wills are prepared
• Setting up a Trust.
Picking a New Career - Back in the Employment Market
• Job search skills
• Finding that job – a big or a small organisation?