(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
• Learn the relevant language of basic accounts.
• Learn about the financial cause-and-effect of a sale.
• Learn how to make sales more profitable.
• Learn about product pricing.
• Learn about credit policies.
• Learn the implications of discount structure.
• The Language of Basic Accounts
- cash flow
- Break-Even Analysis
- Contribution Analysis
- Time value of money
• Developing Short-term and Long-term Forecasts
• Common conflicts between sales and finance departments
Financial Cause-and-Effect of a Sale
• Credit policies that meet customer demands
• Discount structure
• Efficient invoicing.
• Your product pricing
- Pricing Power Matrix
- Pricing an expandable product/service
- Pricing a staple product/service
• Cost of goods sold
• Implications of business capital
- Shareholders funds
- Borrowed funds
• Implications of Fixed Costs
- Advertising supports
- Sales promotion
- Rents and rates
• Implications of Variable Costs
• Earning Profits
- Limiting costs
- Gross margin
- Trade margins for company and channel partners
- Profit margin
• Field Competitive Challenges
- Price competition
- Non price competition
• Demand Fluctuations
- Marginal analysis for sales management
• Management of accounts receivable
• Uncollectible debt.