(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
The programme is designed to equip Managers and Heads of departments entrusted with departmental or organisational budgets with knowledge and skills necessary to enable them effectively manage and monitor the budgets implementation on a day to day basis. This course also equips managers with skills to put in place corrective budgetary actions. Managers who go through this course are better positioned to deliver on their budgets - they own their budgets, explain variances when they occur and take corrective remedial actions in good time.
• What is a budget?
• Why Budget?
• The main characteristics of budgeting
• Types of budget
• Outline of the budgetary process
• Budget preparation with a typical practical illustration of a budget
• Implementing the budget – key success factors
• Benchmarking for performance management
• Advantages of budgets to a business organisations
• Alternative budgeting methods
• Budget organisation and administration
• How those roles may conflict with each other
• Ways by which the management may resolve the conflict
• Stages in the budgetary process
• Relevance of strategic planning and forecasting
• Creating master budget forecasts using Advanced Excel technique
• Mastering Excel formulas and techniques for building budget
- Excel formulas for budget model Custom formatting numbers
- Formula Debugging & auditing techniques
- Data validation
- Consolidating and linking Excel Workbooks
- Grouping and Outlines.
• What is budgetary control?
• The steps for installing an effective system of budgetary control
• Management action and cost control
• Importance of budgetary control in project management
- Measuring performance
- Analysing budget variances
- Actions to take after analysis