(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
Efficient warehouse operations do the following:
- Provide timely customer service
- Keep track of items so that they can be found easily and correctly.
- Minimise the organisation’s physical effort and thus
Participants in this course will:
• Understand the strategic importance of warehousing and stores management in company profitability.
• Appreciate the underlying principles and applications of Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
• Use the accounting procedures required in issuance of materials
• Apply the concept of the organisation distribution cost as a working model
• Implement good warehousing practices.
• Types of Warehouses
• Warehouse design, partitioning and control procedures
- partition/stock locations
• Flow of Materials:
- Purchased materials
- Work In Progress (WIP)
• Numbering and classification systems for different stores items
- Combination of numeric and alphabet.
• Stock Control
- Stock Classification
- Stock Counts
- Stock Accuracy
- Stock Valuation
- Safety Stock
- Stock Keeping
- Reporting Processes for Stock
- Processing of Stock-Essence of Timing.
• Issuance of materials, FIFO, LIFO, etc.
• Materials Requisition Planning (MRP)
• Finished Goods:
- Distribution Planning
- Distribution Control
• Maintenance, Repair and Operational Supplier (MRO)
• Store keeping and related documentation
• Inventory management
• Handling of Returned Goods/Objections.
• SOP for Warehouse Loading & Unloading
• Work Zones/Safe Zones Demarcation
• Forklift, Crane and Truck Operations
• Loading and Unloading Scheduling
• Full Load Risks Assessment
• Load Restraint
• Truck Bracing, Dunnage, Strapping
• Traffic Management
• Waybill, Manifest and other Supporting Documentation
• Handling Damages.
• Good house-keeping practices:
• Treatment of discrepancies
• Obsolescence, obsoleteness, redundancy and deterioration
- Numeric competence
- Hard working
- Good public relations
• Health, Safety & Environment (HSE)
- Identification & Assessment of Inventory Risks