This course is designed for buyers, suppliers and contract analysts who
need high competence in writing bids, delivering and managing tenders of varying complexities. Acquiring the competence can win lucrative contracts from governments, in oil and gas, construction, manufacturing, even from international institutions. Whether it is a tender for projects or supply of goods or services, tender evaluation and contract preparation need to be addressed in a structured and disciplined manner.
The course sets the complete tender cycle into context in relation to the development of contract strategy, identification of appropriate pre-qualified contractors, contract design, the tender process and contract award.
- A Random Walk through Client-Side Tendering Process
- Having a contract plan
- Raise a contract requisition
- Bidders list
- Tender board approval of bidders list
- Issuance of Invitation to Tender
- Receipt of bids from tenderers
- Bid opening: technical/commercial
- Tender board approval of technical bid evaluation
- Opening of the commercial bid/evaluation
- Contract award to the lowest bidder
- Contract close-out.
- Differing levels of bid complexity
- Tender procedures
- Preparing Bid Documents: RfB vs. RfP
- Contractor/Supplier registration
- Contractor/Supplier appraisal
- Bid Evaluation and Selection: Technical, Legal and Financial Consideration
- e-Procurement and Bid Evaluation
- Pre-qualification and approved contractors/supplier lists
- Types of contract for projects and to supply of goods and services
- Legal aspects of contract for projects and for goods and services
- Contract design – selection of clauses
- Commercial law, including agency law, local preference legislation
- Risks associated with different contract types
- Understanding the scope and requirements
- Contractor-Side Tendering Process – Special skills in bid writing
- dealing with tenders boards
- language of bids and tendering,
- gathering comprehensive and quality information,
- presenting the unique selling points,
- expressing activities, outputs, milestones and results,
- putting power into the language
- drafting, revising and perfecting,
- providing evidences
- bid layout and style
- Complying with requirements
- Competitive differentiation.
- Tender evaluation and bid-comparison processes.
- Contract award.
- Post-tender negotiation
- Essential skills of negotiation
- Winning and losing – what the formulas are.
- Process of managing the Contract
- structure of a kick-off meeting, involvement of the subject- matter-experts
- updating supporting documents
- Management of deadlines.
- Vendor performance monitoring.