(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
Justification for the Programme
This is a comprehensive fleet management course that covers important and vital aspects of the fleet life cycle. Fleet management practitioners and owners must keep abreast of the latest developments, practices, technological advancements and a broad spectrum of related issues so as to run their own fleet profitably or provide their clients with the best service. The knowledge and techniques delegates will learn in the course are practicably applicable to their fleet.
• Participants will be provided with the knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals in fleet management
• They will be exposed to how to fully implement effective fleet management policies and controls in their work environment
• They will understand how to resolve critical issues in Fleet Operation
• Participants will have a better understanding of motivating and rewarding the fleet operations staff
• They will learn how to effectively prevent as well as manage crisis that may occur in fleet operations
• They look at the important financial aspects of fleet operation and for a sustainable fleet business.
By the time the course ends, five significant learning points, among several others, would have been imbibed by participating delegates:
1. Participants will have been exposed to comparative fleet management policies and practices of other organizations and how to bring the relevant aspects of them to bear in Access Bank so as to aid effective implementation and controls.
2. They will understand how to resolve critical issues in Fleet Operation.
3. Participants will have a better understanding of techniques in motivating and rewarding the fleet operations staff.
4. They will learn how to prevent as well as manage crisis that may occur in fleet operations.
5. In the outsourced elements of the Fleet Management, participants will be exposed to managing the vendors for value delivery.
Fundamentals of Fleet Management
• Fleet Management: An essential service function
• Fleet organisation, administration and maintenance practices
• Analysis of transport requirements in the organization
Managing Fleet for Optimum Result
• Vehicle selection and acquisition
• Vehicle replacement planning
• Setting Key Performance Standards
• Developing a Green, Safe and Efficient Fleet
Essential Skills for Efficient Fleet Management
• People skills for driver control and management
• Management skills for workshop personnel
• Preventive maintenance skills and maintaining high standards of vehicle maintenance
Critical Issues in Fleet Operation
• Vehicle delay, downtime and its associated costs
• Safety and road traffic accidents and its associated costs.
Financial Issues in Fleet Operations
• Financing options
• Setting operational/financial targets and standards
• Efficient management of costs and resources
• Fleet performance measurement and benchmarking
• Concept of Guaranteed Availability:
• Planning and control of fleet
• Administration of shipping and delivery
• Implementing strong risk management policies.
Outsourced & Other Critical Issues
• Managing vendors under an outsourced fleet management policy
• Safety procedures
• Passengers safety and safety of loads on vehicles
• Safety packing and safety checklist
• Inspection and safety reports.
• Linking employee performance to the reward system
• Total competitive compensation structure
• Pay-for-performance philosophy
• Motivating and rewarding drivers for optimum performance
• Causes of fleet management crisis
• Personality and behavioural issues
• Communication breakdown
• Crisis prevention techniques
• Crisis management styles.