This programme can run as an online or classroom training
(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
Once moving to a new role, you earn different or new levels of authority and responsibility. This could likely or probably be out of proven technical skills, attitude and potentials displayed. You must master new and different skills to help further advancement and growth. Many technically efficient employees who, for example, get promoted newly into managerial positions do struggle to conquer their new territory of bigger, higher roles and responsibilities that the new positions confer on them. This course presents relatively straightforward ways that can increase the rate of success in conquering these challenges.
- Paints clear pictures of what lies ahead
- Helps them examine their own strengths and vulnerabilities
- Presents the essential elements to successful transition
- Puts new managers on the right track so they can hit the ground running
Welcome to the Transition
- Paradox: excitement for the new challenges and fear of failure
- Strategic Managerial Roles
- Operational Managerial Roles.
Understand Levels of Management
- First Line Skills
- Middle Line Skills
- Top Line Skills.
Your Managerial Roles
Motivations With the Mobility
- Greater or new opportunity to make things happen
- Building self esteem
- Respect all round
- Possible accompaniment of earning more money.
The Challenges that Come with Making the Transition
- Giving up the reputation of a technical expert
- Navigating organizational politics
- Getting work done through others
- Engaging and inspiring employees
- Managing high risk decisions
- Networking across departments or business units
- Understanding how external factors affect the business.
Getting Conversant with the New Role Fast
- Working through Others
- Organizing Resources
- Managing Time
- Making Meetings effective
- Supporting the Boss
- Networking with Colleagues
- Supporting the Organization.
Deliver Business Results
- Business acumen
- Team management
- Planning tasks
- Managing performance
- People motivation
- Problem solving
- Human resource management proficiency
- Maintain necessary discipline
- Change management.
- Learning to Listen
- Choosing the Right Words
- Using the Appropriate Tone of Voice
- Using Appropriate Body Language
- Adjusting to Different Personality Types
- Conducting Effective Meetings.