(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
This course is designed for buyers, suppliers and contract analysts who
need high competence in writing bids, delivering and managing tenders of varying complexities. Acquiring the competence can win lucrative contracts from governments, in oil and gas, construction, manufacturing, even from international institutions. Whether it is a tender for projects or supply of goods or services, tender evaluation and contract preparation need to be addressed in a structured and disciplined manner.
The course sets the complete tender cycle into context in relation to the development of contract strategy, identification of appropriate pre-qualified contractors, contract design, the tender process and contract award.
• Differing levels of bid complexity
• Tender procedures
• Contractor/Supplier registration
• Contractor/Supplier appraisal
• Invitation to tender
• Risks associated with different contract types
• Contract design – selection of clauses
• Pre-qualification and approved contractors/supplier lists
• Tender evaluation and bid-comparison processes.
• Types of contract for projects and to supply of goods and services
• Legal aspects of contract for projects and for goods and services
• Commercial law, including agency law, local preference legislation
• Understanding the scope and requirements
• Dealing with tender boards
• Contract award.
• Special skills in bid writing
o language of bids and tendering,
o gathering comprehensive and quality information,
o presenting the unique selling points,
o expressing activities, outputs, milestones and results,
o putting power into the language
o drafting, revising and perfecting,
o providing evidences
o bid layout and style
• Complying with requirements
• Competitive differentiation.
• Post-tender negotiation
• Essential skills of negotiation
o Winning and losing – what the formulas are.
• Bid management process
o structure of a kick-off meeting, involvement of the subject-matter-experts,
o updating supporting documents, Management of deadlines.
• Vendor performance monitoring.