(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
A four-day sales and marketing training on intense and offensive market drive. With speed, the sales and marketing persons must:
• generate awareness for the company’s products
• achieve visibility in trade and outlets – wholesalers and distributors, retailers
• maximise volume delivery and achieve company’s objectives fast
• grow market share for the brands.
Broad Competencies Addressed
• Initiate more contacts and form strong relationships.
• Qualify prospects by performing analysis on what, when, and under what conditions they will buy.
• Effectively apply sales literature, promotions, tactics and offers for specific new transactions with individual prospects.
• Influence sales outlets by building value and encourage them to believe in the company’s brands.
• Effectively manage resistance from difficult prospects so as to make successful sales.
Personal Selling Skills
o Probing skills
o Objections handling
o How well you know the customer
o Sales challenges and sales differentiators
Implementing the Sales Strategy
• Planning the Market Prospecting
o Develop the right objectives
o Identify customers' real interests
o Prioritise the customers
Developing the Major Accounts
• Qualifying Customers - Criteria for Prioritising
o Potential size of account
o History of patronage
o Previous relationship on other platforms
o Pressing need for product/service
o Clear cost-benefit relationship - positive attitude
o Financial soundness of the customer
o Customer accessibility.
• Territory Management
o territory delineation
o route planning
o the Selling Process – Call Plans
o sales target for the period
o other objectives for the period
o adding new prospects and deleting “dogs”.
Relationship Management Competencies
• Offer Analysis
o Customer benefits
o What’s special about you – the Appeal.
• Rules of Commercial Negotiation
o No negotiation when selling is unsure
o Increase level of customer needs first
o Concession strategies.
• Common Negotiation Tactics
o Good guy, Bad guy
• Checking the store rooms for stocks
• Maximising on-shelf availability and product visibility
• Effective product placement.
• How the salespersons’ mental agility can increase so as to perform at the very best
• How to bring high energy to bear for top performance
How the salespersons can identify their individual personal strengths and weaknesses and plan for self-development
• How to analyse the motivations and priorities of key buying influences.