Make Meaning - No Pain, No Gain
- Can you work long hours at low income?
- Can you deal with rejection after rejection?
- Can you handle the responsibility of several employees?
- If you'll make a success, you can't do it with boring products or services.
- Therefore, aim to shoot for doing things at least ten times better than the status quo.
- Successful businesses are made successful by not just one person but a team.
- It's after success that one person may come to be recognized as "the founder".
- Don't rely on only one ideal way to design your product or service.
- There really is no single best creative way but numerous ways.
Your Business Model - Answer Just 2 Questions
- Question 1: Who has in their pocket or account the money you are targeting?
- Question 2: How are you going to get it into your own pocket or account?
Polarize Your Market
- Create products or services for which people will admire (pro) or hate (anti) you.
- The result that should scare you is people remaining indifferent to your offering.
Manage for Cash Flow - It's Your Business Lifeblood
- Low up-front capital outlay.
- Quick sales cycle.
- Short payment terms.
- Recurring revenue.
- Social media, low cost publicity.
- Get your fair product or service quickly to market.
- Instead of fix-fix-fix-fix-deliver, think deliver-fix-deliver-fix-deliver . . .
- Admittedly, there are pros and cons to this philosophy.
Seize the High Ground
- Your business purpose is not to put another organization out of business.
- Customers don't care if you want to destroy the competition.
- All they care about is what benefits to derive from patronizing you.
- Announcing that your business is "the leader" is egocentric.
- Position your business with what you do for the customer.
- We do not rise to the level of our expectations.
- Rather we often fall to the level of our training.
- Most new successes don't start out preoccupied with building a great brand.
- Focus first on building a profitable product or service and a sustainable enterprise.
Sometimes, Copy Somebody
- Successful business people have invented numerous business models already.
- Inventing a new model for your business can sometimes be a difficult bet to start out with.
Inspirations for this article are from THE ART OF THE START by Guy Kawasaki
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/tomassociates