- They see themselves as dominating.
- There is no clear boundary between their personal interests and corporate interests.
- They seem to have all the answers, often dazzling people with the speed and decisiveness with which they can deal with challenging issues.
- They make sure that everyone is 100 percent behind them, ruthlessly eliminating anyone who might undermine their efforts.
- They are consummate managers of their personal image in confusion with their efforts at managing and developing the corporate image.
- They treat major obstacles as temporary impediments to be removed.
- They often return to the strategies and tactics that made them get to the level of success they find themselves at.
Reference: WHY SMART EXECUTIVES FAIL by Sydney Finkelstein