(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
Objectives of the Course
The purpose of this incident/hazard reporting course is to practice the process of ascertaining root causes of the incidents/hazards. The course will deliver five significant values:
1. Provide guidance for the identification of potential azards/incidents at the workplace in ways that prevent what may result negatively from hazards
2. Expose participants to investigation procedure of hazard/incident
3. Encourage early reporting and corrective action
4. Teach how to obtain data which will allow trends to be measured and desired programmes implemented so as to prevent recurrence
5. Outlines the mandatory requirements for the statutory reporting of notifiable work-related injuries and dangerous occurrences.
• An overview of Occupational Health and Safety Processes
• Statutory Provisions and Guidelines
• Organization Policy and Procedures
o Near miss
• Risk Control
• Responsibilities for Investigation and Reporting
o HSE manager
o OHS officer or committee
• Risk Assessment
• Hazard Control
• Site Preservation.
• Investigation Process
o Injuries to Employees, Contractors/Suppliers, Visitors
o Incident Investigation Forms and Template
o Facts collection and evaluation
o Root cause identification
o Corrective action
o Gaps identification and improvement plans
o Trends tracking
• Incident Investigation Team
o Investigators Behaviour and Attitude
o Report Writing Skills and Style
• Compensation Claims
• Review of Controls
• Record Keeping.
Registration: 8.30 – 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.