Justifying the Programme
Leadership does not just come from those who have been placed in positions of power. There is the need to lead from the middle or the back. It takes a different set of skills to influence others to act on your behalf if you are not the leader. To be effective, you must have good command of the strategies used to influence the perceptions, attitudes, and behaviours of others. Leverage relationships to build influence skills.
• Relate more effectively with colleagues
• Influence and achieve set goals for self and others
• Increase productivity at work
• Improve the work environment
• Resolve conflicts among team members.
• Key Characteristics of Influential People
• Significance of Trust
• Showing Presence
• Understanding Group Dynamics
• Communication Skills
• How Well Do You Listen?
o ¬Non-verbal communication
• What is a “Shared Vision?”
• Team Leadership
• Turning an Enemy Peer into an Ally
• Dealing with Subordinates
• Managing Conflicts with Superiors
• Influence and the Mind
• The Winning Edge Concept
• Creating Effective and Lasting Great Impressions
• The mutual-gains approach
• Understanding personality types
• What is managing up
• Get to know your boss
• Get to know yourself
• Dare to follow well
• Choose your words
• Solicit clear expectations and priorities
• Focus on what you can change.
Registration: 8.30 – 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.