What the Course Teaches
• Professional selling - the modern day skills and qualities needed.
• How to make appointments and obtain interviews.
• How to probe and identify real needs.
• How to make customers want to buy.
• How to handle objections and obtain clients commitment.
• Choosing a sales career
• How modern behavioural changes are influencing sales approach
• New communications relationships and development of sales competence
• The five keys to successful selling:
o Confident communications
o Knowledge of the customer
o Knowledge of the products – features, benefits
o Knowledge of the industry
o Knowledge of the market and competition
• Modern prospects – high stress levels, low attention spans.
• High pressure selling vs customer involvement process
• The power of product knowledge
• How to gather credibility and establish personal trust
• Friendship building for strategic sales relationship
• Analysis of buying and selling styles
• Preparation research and planning
• Making appointments that yield productive meetings.
• Understanding customers needs and customers wants
• Effective communications - questioning and listening skills
• Breaking the ice – getting prospects to like you
• Presenting the product or service
• Selling the benefits
• Handling objections.
• Product pricing power
• Selling a brand
• Closing techniques
• Managing sales administration
• Sales reports
• Territory/Time management.
• Experiences in telephone selling
• Salesperson’s grooming
• Salesperson’s business etiquette
• Creating the right impressions
• Dressing for success
• Facing a long sales cycle:
o Short/long term opportunities
o Key players/priorities
o Managing areas of weakness/vulnerability
o Attention to the economics of the business.
Registration: 8.30 – 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.