This is a training on Entrepreneurship. It is designed for your employees who have not attained retirement age, but have to leave the employ of Guinness Nigeria for various reasons. This programme will teach them how to establish and run their own businesses. Also, an aspect of it is devoted to educating those who may want to seek for paid employment. In it we will take participants through an orientation of “entrepreneurial personality” which, rather than be characterised by a propensity for risk taking, among other things, will focus success on one thing – “opportunity focused.”
We will make participants learn a number of entrepreneurial logics:
• Dig deep into ideas underlying a product or service, prepare the ideas, get started, and keep it going with commitment.
• Acquire charm, drive, energy and the ability to spot opportunity.
• Acquire sheer persistence or resilience – keep on and keep learning along the way.
• Getting good luck and bad luck in equal measures. But entrepreneurs become really a success as they exploit each.
By the end of the programme, the participants will go away with deep knowledge of:
• The Disciplines for Business Success
• How to Prepare a Business Plan
• Legal Requirements for Business
• Marketing Strategies and Selling Skills
• Managing Financial Health of the Business
• How to choose personal business endeavour you’ll like
o The courage to take the leap
o Planning process for a unique business model
o Finding a profitable niche
o Product/Service design.
• How to start a Production business – what it entails.
• How to start a Service business – what it entails.
• The right location for your business.
• Business Strategy
o Keeping the company legal
o Establishing sound Corporate Governance
o The art of positioning the business
o How to monitor trends to shape your business to success
o A sample marketing plan
o How to grow the business – making the business prosper.
o A sample business model.
o How to go about a Partnership business.
• Financial information
o Raising Capital - How to find the money to get started
o A sample Business Cash Flow Projection
o A sample Profit & Loss Account
o Interpret basic accounting information
o Keeping and monitoring basic Books of Accounts
o Judiciously spending and financial dealings
o Bank Balances and Cash Management
o Distinguishing Profit and Cash
o Petty Cash Management
Tracking small cash expenses
The float or imprest
Petty Cash Book and its entries
• Your Product/Service Pricing Principles:
Pricing your highly differentiated product/service
Pricing your undifferentiated product/service
Pricing your “Must Have” product/service
Pricing your “Substitutable” product/service.
• Selling and Marketing
o How to reach your potential customers
• Private Direct Marketing
Direct response visit
Social Media marketing
Direct response mailing
• Public Direct Marketing
Public Indirect Marketing
o Press ads
o TV/Radio commercials
o Out-of-Home (OOH) campaigns
• Private Indirect Marketing
o Data-base marketing (e.g. junk mails, bulk sms)
• Finding the right people:
o The art of recruiting
o Productivity culture
o Quality culture
o Workplace discipline.
• Your job description as a business owner
Managing your time as a business owner
Registration: 8.30 – 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.