Central Competences to Learn
• How Leaders link daily activities of their subordinates with set business direction.
• How Leaders recognise, stimulate and develop high performance in others.
• How Leaders motivate others and get them to participate in team decisions and focus efforts on overall group objectives.
• How Leaders build and maintain a positive, results-oriented work climate.
• How Leaders remove interpersonal barriers to understanding, cooperation and motivation.
• How Leaders lead by providing positive examples.
Defining Positive Reinforcement
• Test how you, yourself, are motivated
• Test your understanding of your subordinates’ motivation
• Agree reasons why your people will move when and as required
• You must be motivated to motivate others.
Your Observation of What Motivates Others
• Motivation that emanates from autonomy
• Motivation that emanates from mastery
• Motivation that emanates from purpose.
Various Motivation Methods in Use
Test your observations/understanding of:
• Fear-based motivation
• Reward-based motivation
• Self or intrinsic-based motivation.
Check Your Subordinates Self Motivation
• Doing things because they like it
• Doing things because they are interesting
• Doing things because they matter
• Doing things that are part of what is important.
Relevance of Emotional Intelligence
• A brief on emotional intelligence
• Human needs in a team
o The need for respect
o The need to be appreciated
o The need to feel important
o The need to be understood
o The need to be recognized.
• Treat subordinates with fairness
• Pursue a happy work environment.
A Leader’s Coaching and Mentoring
• Learn the methods of a Mentor
• Learn the methods of a Coach
• Recognise subordinates initiatives and accomplishments
• Focus on quick-wins.
Leadership Communication that Motivates Employees
• What the employee gets
• What the employee gives
• Employee sense of belonging
• Employee perception of growth and development.
Registration: 8.30 – 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.