Cultural differences exert tremendous influence on outcomes of business interactions, whether at the work place or outside, within the country or outside. Executives have at different occasions found themselves in situations where, for example, they’ve met someone important and had no idea what to say or do immediately; spilled drinks at an important business event; showed up at an important meeting under or overdressed. Various other embarrassing etiquette gaffes do occur.
This Business Etiquette training will help participants look and sound their best no matter what the situation, such that by the end of it, participants will have mastered seven important things about etiquette, character and confidence:
1. Etiquette definition
2. Appreciate the value of etiquette to the organization
3. Understand the guidelines for creating a good impression
4. Identify ways to minimize nervousness while in social situations
5. Understand how to manage a business meeting effectively
6. Enumerate the levels of confident conversation
7. Understand the protocols in social settings.
Proper Etiquette – the Business Case
General Principles of Etiquette.
Etiquette in the Office Environment
• Proper Etiquette and Career Advancement
• Maintaining Discipline in the Office.
• Your dress sense
• Personal grooming.
• Confidence levels
• Body language.
Developing the Right Image for Business
• Guidelines Unique to Men
• Guidelines Unique to Women
• Showing Respect
• How to be Considerate
• Telephone Manners
• Email Etiquette.
Social Functions Etiquette
• Managing Conversations
• Eating at Corporate Dinners
• Table Manners.
• Matters of Good First Impression
• Rules for Introductions
• Business Card Exchange
• Addressing People.
• Business Travel Guidelines
• International Tips Guidelines.
Character and Confidence
• Prerequisites for business and career success
• Internal compass of acceptable behaviour
• Breaking out of your comfort zone.
Strong Character Assets
• Integrity and peer pressure management
• The character of accepting responsibility
• Strong people skills
• Choosing and learning from Role Models.
The Traits of Self Confidence
• Confidence versus strong character
• Dedicating self to learning and growing
• Confident communications and social interaction
• Feeding your mind with information, books and learning.
Understanding Current Generation Divide
• The different Categories
• The generations at your workplace.
• Working styles
• Communication styles
• Motivation tips
Differentiating Mental Age and Chronological Age
Effective Managers versus Challenged managers
Core Competencies for Managing Today’s Workforce
Tools & Resources for Managing stereotypes.
Registration: 8.30 – 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.