Efficient warehouse operations do the following:
- Provide timely customer service
- Keep track of items so that they can be found easily and correctly.
- Minimise the organisation’s physical effort and thus
Participants in this course will:
• Understand the strategic importance of warehousing and stores management in company profitability.
• Appreciate the underlying principles and applications of Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
• Use the accounting procedures required in issuance of materials
• Apply the concept of the organisation distribution cost as a working model
• Implement good warehousing practices.
• Types of Warehouses
• Warehouse design, partitioning and control procedures
o partition/stock locations
• Flow of Materials:
o Purchased materials
o Work In Progress (WIP)
• Numbering and classification systems for different stores items
o Combination of numeric and alphabet.
• Stock Control
o Stock Classification
o Stock Counts
o Stock Accuracy
o Stock Valuation
o Safety Stock
o Stock Keeping
o Reporting Processes for Stock
o Processing of Stock-Essence of Timing.
• Issuance of materials, FIFO, LIFO, etc.
• Materials Requisition Planning (MRP)
• Finished Goods:
o Distribution Planning
o Distribution Control
• Maintenance, Repair and Operational Supplier (MRO)
• Store keeping and related documentation
• Inventory management
• Handling of Returned Goods/Objections.
• Good house-keeping practices:
• Treatment of discrepancies
• Obsolescence, obsoleteness, redundancy and deterioration
o Numeric competence
o Hard working
o Good public relations
• Health, Safety & Environment (HSE)
o Identification & Assessment of Inventory Risks.
Registration: 8.30 – 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.