By the time the programme ends participants will reach relevant consensus on:
• Top skills needed to be best in subscription drive and membership retention behaviours at all times.
• Running an Association with the finest Vision, Values, Purpose, happy members.
• Becoming more emotionally engaged in the service of the Association.
Industry/Trade Associations Fundamentals
• Understanding the fundamental essence of Industry/Trade associations
o Generic associations
o Sectoral associations
• Variant characteristics
o Corporate-based membership
o Individual-based membership
o Mixed membership
• Creating a new association
Membership Issues and Management
• Membership criteria
• Recruiting and retaining members
• Managing the turnover of membership
• Competition balancing acts
• Management process
o lines of accountability
o administration of resources
o organisation of events
o decision-making process
o policy and strategy.
Membership Drive and Expansion
• Framework for a company to evaluate becoming association member
• Membership expansion sales process
o The battle for greater share of the members subscription spend
o Opening doors and converting opportunities.
• Sales Orientation and Competence
o Self motivation
o Networking competence
o Industry knowledge
o Sales process practical sessions.
Membership Value Proposition
• Customer Equity Orientation
o Covenant on value proposition to members
o Bonding and relationship building within members
o Public image of the Association - attains top-of-the-mind visibility.
Membership Retention Programmes
• Membership retention strategy process
o Programmes and events of relevance
o Understanding and promoting the Association’s niche
o Knowing and creating the Association’s value
o Conducting “what’s-in-it-for-me” surveys
o Keeping members active.
• Operating plan
• Subscription level and financials
• Market position
• Governance arrangements
• Strategy and policy priorities
• Authorities and controls.
Registration: 8.30 – 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.