The human resource function focuses on building skills, motivation, engagement and behaviour in the organization for a successful work place. Beyond people in the achievement of business goals, its centre of attention expands to the overall operations, finance and the customers.
This program sets out to act as a greater enablement for the Human Resource Managers as business leaders by focusing on the various aspects of management and leadership and how the HR Manager will utilize the most important capital in the organization – people - as tool for competitive advantage.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to
- Properly formulate and better appreciate the expectations of their colleagues and customers
- Gain working knowledge of business and strategic thrust needed for their organizations’ success
- Offer proactive assistance to the organization in adapting HR practices to support new needed systems
- Take the lead in the vision for change and garner necessary internal and external support to lead the change
Human Resource Practice and Theory
• Recruitment, Onboarding, Employee value
• Performance appraisal, Remuneration
• Learning and Development; training for knowledge and skills
• Strategy formulation, Change, Innovation, Outsourcing etc
• Categories of Technology
• Causes of change
• Consequences of changing technology
• Strategies to address changing technology
• Steps to position HR in a leadership role to address changing technology
• Speed in market
• Customer focus and exceeding expectations
• Customer relationship
• Emotional state of the customer
• Customer value analysis.
• Understanding the basics:
o The balance sheet
o Income statement
o Cash flow
o Financial analysis
o Measuring profitability
o Measuring efficiency, liquidity, valuation.
• Fuel that powers supply chain
• Adding value through supply chain
• Human resource factor in supply chain
• Cost containment: causes and consequences
• Supply management and social responsibility.
Registration: 8.30 – 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.