This course is to introduce first level managers to office and business management by making them
• Understand their roles within the changes that do affect business
• Get clear the management styles that can affect their success
• Develop the right competencies in the work environment, with their boss and also with peers and subordinates
• Maintain necessary discipline at work
• Know how their career can grow.
• What Management is, What Process is.
• Who is a manager?
• Levels of Management
o First Line Skills
o Middle Line Skills
o Top Line Skills
• Managerial roles
• Managerial Functions
• The Challenges Facing the 21st Century Manager.
• Determining the Vision, Mission and Positioning of a business
• Result-based leadership – influencing others
• Talent development – for self and others
• Execution – getting things done
• Making decisions and solving problems
• Personal effectiveness – the 80:20 rule
• Performing for profit – attention to cash flow.
• Customer service orientation
• Understanding change – getting outdated things out
• Managerial competencies and proficiency assessments
• Competencies of Tomorrow’s Managers
o Team Leaders
o Internal Consultants
o Great Communicator
o Team player
o Technology master
o Problem solver
o Change maker
o The 21st century leader.
Registration: 8.30 – 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.