This is a programme on how all employees sure to approach retirement shortly or in a few years time must plan how they will confront real economic issues after their employment in the organisation. The course shows that retiring from corporate employment needs not become a calamity.
It also introduces participants to post-retirement Entrepreneurship and they are taken through an orientation of “entrepreneurial personality” which, rather than be characterised by a propensity for risk taking, will, among other things, focus success on one thing – “opportunity focused.” They will learn a number of entrepreneurial logics and make them to dig deep into ideas underlying a product or service they may think of producing, prepare the ideas, get started, and keep it going with commitment.
The training will also give the participants the ways to:
1. identify their talents and personal capabilities they can utilise elsewhere
2. restructure their lives
3. implement a new financial life plan
4. if desired, start and run own businesses and become successful entrepreneurs
5. invest wisely
6. where needed, get new satisfying employment.
General Work-exit Orientation
• Dimensions of Change & New beginnings - Exploring attitudes, hopes & fears
o Exploring psychological aspects to exit
o Preparedness for life after current work
o Exploring your talents and passions
• State of the economy and prospects faced post-employment
• Defining Yourself – your retirement party
• Coping with severance from corporate employment
• How long-term employees are like Migrant Birds
• Family issues – harmony or tension
• Community involvement
• Health matters – death of body organs by installments
• Political shocks and wars
• Financial Net Worth to-date
o Liquid assets
o Investment assets
o Personal “assets”
o Short-term liabilities
o Long-term liabilities.
• Choice of what to do next.
• Types of investments currently available in Nigeria
• Guidelines and advice on selecting investment types
o Pension management - Worth by Pensions
o Worth by Life Insurance
o Savings and Fixed Deposits
o Company shares build-up
o Real estates.
Can You Run Your Own Business?
• The Retiree’s Job Description as a Business Owner
• Planning a new business
• Business development process.
• How to Choose an Entrepreneurial Endeavour to Pursue
• The courage to take the leap
• A random walk through simple businesses suitable for retirees
• The disciplines for business success
• Preparation of a business plan
• Legal requirements for business.
Nurturing a Business for Profitability
• Systems and structure for a retiree’s business
• Marketing knowledge and selling skills to propagate the business
• Attention to the financial health of the business – capital and cash flow.
• A sample Business Cash Flow Projection
• A sample Profit & Loss Account.
Health and Leisure
• Ageing gracefully
• Balancing work and health
• Making alternative arrangements for Health cover
• Health guideposts
o Post-retirement stress syndromes – physiological and emotional
o Common symptoms and signs
o Medical check-ups and treatments.
o Your feeding pattern
o Nutrients the body needs
o What constitutes balanced diet in old age.
o Age-sensitive exercises
o Regularity of exercises.
o Socializing in retirement
o Significance of the family
o Community activities
o Spiritual engagements.
• Personal Habits
o Sleep pattern
o Personal hygiene.
• Managing Time in Retirement
Assuring Family Peace
• Understanding how Wills are prepared
• Setting up a Trust.
Picking a New Career - Back in the Employment Market
• Job search skills
• Finding that job – a big or a small organisation?
• Have you the personality for the job?
• Self improvements for new career readiness
• Planning and preparing your resume
• Writing and presenting your CV
• Where they use Tests & Assessment Centre
• What makes a good interview.
Registration: 8.30 – 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.