Logistics has become a quintessential factor in modern day organisations. This course examines the core issues and skills required to promote production and distribution efficiency, reduce waste and consequently improving Return on Investment (ROI). The programme will afford the personnel in Logistics to be on top of their assignments.
• Introduction to basic concepts in storekeeping
• Types of Inventory (RM, WIP, FP, MRO)
• Inventory Planning and Control
• Effect of Stores/Warehousing Operations on Organisational Efficiency and Profitability
• How to be in control of Inventory Turnover
o What is moving, what is not
o What is to be ordered, marked down, replaced
• Stores Accounting and Stock-taking.
• Customer Service management in the Warehouse,
• Materials Handling techniques
• Distribution planning and management
• Good Housekeeping practices
• Inbound Logistics
• Transport operations and management
• Distribution Requirement Planning
• Reverse Logistics.
Registration: 8.30 – 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.