A four-day sales and marketing training on intense and offensive market drive. With speed, the sales and marketing persons must:
• generate awareness for the company’s products
• achieve visibility in trade and outlets – wholesalers and distributors, retailers
• maximise volume delivery and achieve company’s objectives fast
• grow market share for the brands.
Broad Competencies Addressed
Initiate more contacts and form strong relationships.
Qualify prospects by performing analysis on what, when, and under what conditions they will buy.
Effectively apply sales literature, promotions, tactics and offers for specific new transactions with individual prospects.
Influence sales outlets by building value and encourage them to believe in the company’s brands.
Effectively manage resistance from difficult prospects so as to make successful sales.
Personal Selling Skills
o Probing skills
o Objections handling
o How well you know the customer
o Sales challenges and sales differentiators
Implementing the Sales Strategy
• Planning the Market Prospecting
Develop the right objectives
Identify customers' real interests
Prioritise the customers
Developing the Major Accounts
• Qualifying Customers - Criteria for Prioritising
o Potential size of account
o History of patronage
o Previous relationship on other platforms
o Pressing need for product/service
o Clear cost-benefit relationship - positive attitude
o Financial soundness of the customer
o Customer accessibility.
• Territory Management
o territory delineation
o route planning
o the Selling Process – Call Plans
o sales target for the period
o other objectives for the period
o adding new prospects and deleting “dogs”.
Relationship Management Competencies
• Offer Analysis
o Customer benefits
o What’s special about you – the Appeal.
• Rules of Commercial Negotiation
o No negotiation when selling is unsure
o Increase level of customer needs first
o Concession strategies.
• Common Negotiation Tactics
o Good guy, Bad guy
• Checking the store rooms for stocks
• Maximising on-shelf availability and product visibility
• Effective product placement.
• How the salespersons’ mental agility can increase so as to perform at the very best
• How to bring high energy to bear for top performance
• How the salespersons can identify their individual personal strengths and weaknesses and plan for self-development
• How to analyse the motivations and priorities of key buying influences.
Registration: 8.30 – 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.