(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
The "Five S" System is a set of universal principles and activities that sustain high performance on the production floor of any company. The gains include:
• uncluttered workplace, well organized workplace
• improved work flow
• low-inventory production
• total quality management.
• total productive maintenance approach.
Above all, "Five S" System of organization and standardization on the production floor gives a sense that you, the users of the system, are in control of your work area.
An Overview of the "Five S" System
• Concepts, activities and techniques of "Five S'
• The benefits
• Creating the "Five S" vision
The Workplace Scan
• Importance of teamwork
• Roles, responsibilities and decision-making process
• Organizing the team
• How to conduct the initial Scan
• Creating the workplace scan display
• The Red Tag technique - items needed and not needed
• Performing the red tagging
• Red Tag holding area
Set in Order
• Decide and organize where to keep necessary items
• Organize how to keep them
• Make it easy for anyone to find and use them
• Make it obvious when they are not in their correct place
• Determine targets and assignments
• Determine cleaning methods
• Perform initial cleaning
• Make essential replacements
• Establish standards and guidelines
• Make the conditions and procedures visual
• Monitor the desired conditions
• Keep updating
• Develop new awareness and skills
• Ongoing company-wide communications
• Total employee involvement.