(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
This course delivers five broad competencies:
1. Ability to develop marketing strategy to guide the plan for different brands in the company.
2. Ability to manage the performance of the company’s brands.
3. Ability to communicate and promote the brands successfully to the different customer segments.
4. Ability to monitor the profitability of each product category.
5. Ability to identify new market needs which brand innovation can meet.
• What a Brand is
• Brands and Products – the Total Product Concept
o the core product
o the expected product
o the augmented product
o the potential - Brand Perception
• The Importance of Brands
o What strong brands have in common
o Elements of a brand identity
o What makes a brand great
• The Benefits of Brands
• A Compendium of Branding Terminologies
o Brand Essence
o Brand Planning
o Brand Architecture
o Brand Positioning
o Brand Domain
o Brand Value
o Brand Personality
o Brand Assets
Strategic Brand Planning
• The 5-Forces Model for Brand Managers
o Comparative prominence of rival brands
o Competence of rival companies
o Bargaining power of customers
o Substitute products
o Threat of other brands share of pocket.
• The Battle for Market Leadership
o Mind share
o Market share
o Segment thinking - the STP model
Product Managers Planning Focus
• Finding and choosing the right market segment(s) to serve
• Making each product become a stronger brand
• Differentiating the brand from what competing brands offer
• Making one’s brands special for each different customer and consumer categories
• Keeping the customers loyal for a long period
• Reducing the cost of getting new customers
• Measuring the payback from advertising, sales promotion, and public relations.
• The Seven Steps of a Brand Plan
1. External analysis
2. Internal analysis
3. SWOT analysis
4. Brand strategy
5. Operational plan
• Brand Building Blocks
o The value proposition
o The relationship management
o The mental imagery – emotional perception.
• Rules of Competition & Market Strategy
o Sequence and time of actions
o Committing resources
o Seizing the initiative
o Out-performing competition.
• Communications Mix
o Detailing and selling
o Projects and promotions
o Direct marketing
o PR and publicity
• Working with Communication Agencies
o Why are agencies hired?
o Ideal communication partners
o Client/agency partnership
o The favourite client
o Tips on enhancing client/agency effectiveness
o Building trust.
• Working with Sales
o The Reps work habits
o The Reps’ motivation
o Standards of brand knowledge
o Keying-in visit on brand management into territories timetable
o Debriefing the Reps.
• Brand Profitability
• Sensitivity analysis of brand promotional expenses.