(Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue & Fee)
The programme is to raise the proficiency levels of senior HR specialists. After the programme ends, it will deepen the knowledge of the HR specialists of how their organization’s business runs and they can help with their skills in deploying human resources services to various departments, including:
• Employment and deployment considerations
• Competency development and productivity improvement
• Employee engagement and career advancement
• Remunerations and welfare
• Statutory compliance.
As line managers deserve to have a fair knowledge of how Human Resources are best managed for enterprise, the participants in this course will also learn how to speak the line managers language to complement HR services.
HR in the C-Suite Shoes
Customer-triggered Business Continuity
Competition-triggered Business Continuity
Technology-triggered Business Continuity
Finance-triggered Business Continuity
Government-triggered Business Continuity
The HR Specialist's Role as a Business Partner
• Human Resources Professional in the Changing Work Environment
• The Strategy Partner
• The Change Agent
• The Administrative Expert
• The Employee Champion.
Manpower Planning & Talent Management
• Objectives of a manpower plan
• Major issues in manpower planning
• Advantages of manpower planning
• The manpower planning process
• Limiting factors
• The changing career paradigms
• Evaluate recruiting methods and their effectiveness
• How the right people are attracted
• Recognising biases in interview process and ways to eliminate them
• Filling vacant positions in a timely manner
• Attaining the lowest possible cost.
• Attaching clear job descriptions to positions
• Posting employees to responsibility areas
• Movements and transfers
• Structured reporting relationships
• Grades that represent levels of authority and seniority.
Training & Development
• How to assess and determine training needs
• On-the-job and Off-the-job training strategies
• How Training Curriculum and Plans are developed
• How Training Budget is set
• How the quality of a training programme is evaluated
• Coaching and mentoring
• Special induction programme for new employees.
• Line managers and HR defining performance requirements and metrics
• Establishment of a common understanding of priorities
• Cascading goals so that employees can see how their work supports the corporate goals
• Regular measurement of employee performance and Feedback.
• Linking employee performance to the reward system
• A total compensation structure that is market competitive
• Compensation mix of salary and benefits
• A pay-for-performance philosophy
• Other recognitions and rewards
• Procedures for salary reviews.
• Employees career plans
• Defining and managing employee competencies
• How Competency Models are developed
• Identifying, assessing, and developing leadership talent
• Identifying gaps and bridging them
• Retention programmes for strong leadership talents.
Payroll Management, Compensation & Benefits Administration
• Types of payroll
o daily payment, weekly, monthly, contractual, beneficial
• How to prepare a payroll
• Calculating a payroll
• The Amortisation of Payroll – (for upfront payments)
• Payroll Deductions – (including statutory Taxes and pensions)
• Dos and Don’t with Payroll
• Nigerian Labour Law
o Employment contract
o Employee representation and industrial relations
o Maternity and family leave rights
• Types of welfare needed to achieve business strategy
• Handling of day to day staff welfare and contractual issues
• Internal grievance tracking and management, arbitration procedures, etc.
• Workplace Conflict Management
Registration: 8.30 – 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.